Administrative law’s main function is to ensure compliance with provincial and federal laws by the government. Specifically, it ensures that laws and regulations are properly implemented and applied in a fair and reasonable manner to the population. It includes rules of law applicable to public bodies that deal with relations between the government and citizens.
In this field, the firm provides consulting and representation services before all administrative and governmental bodies, including advanced strategic analysis. Our lawyers have also developed expertise in control and judicial review of the decisions of those courts.
We practice specifically in the following matters:
- Work accidents or occupational diseases (Commission des normes, de l’équité, de la santé et de la sécurité du travail – C.N.E.S.S.T. and Commission des lésions professionnelles – C.L.P.)
- Motor vehicle accidents and Société de l’assurance automobile du Québec (S.A.A.Q.)
- Employment Insurance
- Quebec Pension Plan (R.R.Q.)
- Labour Relations Board (C.R.T.)
- Appeal to the Administrative Tribunal of Québec (T.A.Q.)
- Use of social assistance and financial aid of last resort (MTESS)
- Crime Victims Compensation Act (IVAC)